Drager Narkomed MRI-2 Anesthesia Machine
The Drager Narkomed MRI-2 is a unique anesthesia system designed with an integrated ventilator and VPO monitor that is capable of operating in shielded or unshielded MRI environments of up to 3.0 Tesla — shortening the distance between the patient and the machine.
Even when placed in direct contact with the MRI, the Narkomed MRI-2 works dependably and produces no detectable image distortion. It does this while providing a complete anesthesia for a wide range of clinical operations.
The Narkomed MRI-2 also features integrated and customizable alarms, a three-hour battery backup, an ultrasonic flowmeter and a scavenging system that can either be open or closed. Available with the AV2+ Ventilator, a time-cycled, pressure-limited anesthesia ventilator, and the Vapor 2000 vaporizer.
- Integrated Monitor: Airway pressure, volume and oxygen data are displayed along with an airway pressure waveform. Automatic integrated alarms warn if parameter limits are exceeded. These adjustable alarms allow individual settings to satisfy a wide range of clinical operations. The monitor is similar in display and operation to the Narkomed GS, which is sold throughout the world.
- Patient Suction: The familiar Narkomed Patient Suction system with a regulator and reusable canister specifically designed for MRI use is a standard feature on the Narkomed MRI-2.
- Battery Backup: A three-hour battery backup guarantees continuous operation of all machine functions, including monitoring and alarm functions, in the event of a power failure.
- AV2+ Ventilator: The AV2+ ventilator is a volume-preset, time-cycled, pressure-limited anesthesia ventilator. It is equipped with electronic timing, pneumatic circuitry and independent controls for breathing rate, inspiratory to expiratory ratio, tidal volume, inspiratory flow and inspiratory pressure limit for flexible ventilation. The unit is capable of inverse I:E ratios with a built-in safety mechanism and can be used in a wide range of patient conditions. Venturi technology is incorporated to ensure economical usage of drive gas.
- Flow Sensor: The new ultrasonic flow sensor has no moving parts, is easy to clean, and is extremely accurate and reliable.
- Absorber Assembly: The dual canister absorber provides for extended operation between absorbent changes. It incorporates an Auto/Manual selector that permits easy ventilation mode selection.